Since its opening in 1984 for the preservation and transmission of Korean national culture, Daboseong Gallery has been actively exhibiting and selling Korean art. Especially in the online age, Daboseong Gallery's homepage also displays and sells ancient art like offline spaces. In addition, we provide information and news about ancient art that is not done offline, not only in text and images, but also in videos. You can visit the Daboseong Gallery homepage anytime, anywhere via your computer or smartphone to appreciate and preserve these various ancient art contents. Please refer to some instructions regarding the use of this Daboseong Gallery homepage. We look forward to your interest and support, and wish you good health and good luck.
Information on the website of Daboseong Gallery
The Daboseong Gallery homepage is open to anyone without membership. You can enjoy the works exhibited in the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese halls, as well as the works exhibited at the auction, as well as information on ancient art. There are three types of auction in Daboseong Gallery: 'On-Line Auction' held offline, 'On-Line Auction' held on the website, and 'Live Auction' to participate in the auction by watching videos of the on-site auction on the website. These auctions offer a 'preview' opportunity to examine the condition of the work before the auction begins. Please check the condition of the work through the preview and bid for the auction.
Auction participation guidance
1. Join Membership
You can participate in the online auction of Daboseong Gallery by signing up for membership and then completing the certification on the website. However, for offline auction, only full members (paid) can bid.
Offline and online auctions at the Daboseong Gallery site offer a 'preview' to examine the status of your work before the auction takes place. Anyone can watch it regardless of the auction bid. Preview schedules will be notified via text, SNS, homepage, band, invitation, etc. - We present the auction items as they are. - The guarantee of the status of the work being auctioned is based on the condition at the time of the auction. - It is based on the assumption that the work has been confirmed through the exhibition. - We encourage you to make a bid after checking the condition of the work in the preview.
- Bidding can be made through the website during the preview period, and lot numbers will be closed sequentially from the auction deadline.
- If a bid is made 30 seconds before the auction deadline, it will automatically be extended by 30 seconds.
- The closing time of the auction may vary depending on the online auction cycle.
1) Online bidding method
- One bid: One manual bid, depending on the amount presented.
- Automatic Bidding: Set the purchase limit in advance and automatically bid in an unattended state (if there are no other bidders, the bid will be made at the minimum amount).
2) Criteria for automatic change of arc unit
- Less than 1 million won: 50,000 won
- 1 million won to 3 million won: 100,000 won
- 3 million won to 5 million won: 200,000 won
- 5 million won to 10 million won: 300,000 won
- 10 million won to 30 million won: 500,000 won
- 30 million won to 50 million won: 1 million won
- 50 million won to 100 million won: 2 million won
- 100 million won to 200 million won: 3 million won
- More than 200 million won: 5 million won
4. Winning bid
1) Bidding and priority
The auction winning bidder will be awarded the highest price after the start of the auction, and the winning bid will be given priority in the order of automatic bidding 응 manual bidding. If a bid of the same amount occurs, priority will be given to the person who entered the bid amount first according to the server time. When bidding, the amount increases by unit of bidding.
2) Confirm winning bid
If the bid is successful, the winning confirmation will be sent by email. Alternatively, you can check the winning bid amount and commission in the login > membership information > auction transaction details > purchase details. The winning bidder cannot withdraw the winning bid. In the event of an inevitable withdrawal, the withdrawal will be notified in writing within seven days from the winning bid date, and the amount equivalent to 30% of the winning bid price shall be paid within seven days from the winning bid date.
3) Purchase fee
The winning commission based on the winning bid price basically follows the policy below. However, there are cases where different commission rates are applied according to internal policies.
- Online auction batch 18% (excluding VAT)
- Hammer Price: The amount of the winning bid as the auctioneer knocked on the winning bar
- Purchase price: winning bid + winning bid fee plus value added tax
5. Payment of winning bids
The payment method for the total purchase price for the work that won the payment is as follows.
1) Account deposit
- Woori Bank 1002-954-097494 (deposit stocks: Lee Jung-ae)
- Call 02-730-7566, 010-7502-0367
* Please specify the name of the actual successful bidder in the deposit memo box when making an account. If the name of the depositor and the winning bidder do not match, it may be difficult to confirm the deposit, and the disadvantage is not borne by the Daboseong Gallery.
2) Payment on the homepage
You can pay with a card on the website for online auction works. In the case of high-priced items, payment may not be possible due to the credit card company's policy. After logging in, the winning bidder should check the winning bid details and proceed with the payment in the purchase details of ACCOUNT Online Racing List.
3) Visiting payment
If you want to pay with a card that is not available for online payment, you can pay by visiting the Daboseong Gallery (Jongro-gu Gyeong-dong).
- The winning bidder should deposit the amount including the purchase fee within 7 days after the auction (more than 300 million won is 21 days) and take over the work.
- The winning bidder may pay the purchase price in installments after agreeing with us before bidding.
- The winning bidder may pay the total purchase amount by remittance to the bank account, cash, etc. designated by us.
6. Guidance on receiving/delivery of works
- The winning bid for the auction is based on the buyer's direct receipt of the work.
- Location of receiving works: Only available on the 1st and 2nd floors of Suwoon Hall, 88 Gyeong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul.
- Please make sure to reserve a visit date with the "Sales Representative" before the desired date of receipt of the winning bid. You can't receive your work on the day of your visit without a reservation.
- The day and time of the week and the hour of the work: Monday through Friday (excluding court holidays) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (excluding lunchtime from 12 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- The winning bidder may pay the total purchase amount by remittance to the bank account, cash, etc. designated by us
* The size of works that can be transported by car is within 90×118cm.
- If it is difficult for the winning bidder to receive the work himself, we will arrange a shipping company for the winning bidder's responsibility and cost. * Delivery service providers do not arrange work because there is a high risk of damage or loss of work. - Shipping Inquiry : 02-730-7566, 010-7502-0367